Carpool Procedures 2012-2013
Morning Drop Off
The Christ School opens its doors at 7:50 a.m., and the window to drop off students continues until 8:10 a.m. There is no supervision provided prior to 7:50 a.m., and the building is locked. If you arrive early, please keep your children in your car until a staff person opens your car doors. If your child is registered for pre-care, you will be given a key card access. Please walk them in to the morning care room to assure their safe arrival. Students may not wait in the lobby unattended. Please know, stopping in the right-of-way on Church Street to drop off your student is prohibited. The area is patrolled by the Orlando Police Department, and you will be ticketed.
Afternoon: Lower School
Students will be released beginning at 3:15 p.m. and the lower school carpool is usually completed by 3:35 p.m.
Afternoon: Middle School or Both Lower School and Middle School
If you are picking up middle school students only, or a carpool of both lower school and middle school students, please pick them up between 3:35 p.m. and 3:50 p.m. If you arrive during lower school carpool, you will be asked to exit the carpool line and return at the appropriate time. If your child needs to return to the building after being loaded, you must park your vehicle and escort your child to and from the building.
If You Walk Up to Pick up Your Child
Enter the school building through the main lobby on the first floor. Provide the receptionist with your child’s name. The receptionist will call your child’s classroom for him/her to meet you at the reception desk. Please exit Allen Hall through the south stairwell door and avoid the active carpool.
Please Observe the Following Safety Guidelines:
- Please remain in your car. Staff will assist in loading and unloading your child.
- CELL PHONES ARE NOT PERMITTED IN CARPOOL. FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR STUDENTS AND STAFF, PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE.
- In morning carpool, students will walk behind the car in which they arrive. Wait until you see that the students are totally clear before you move forward.
- If you must walk in the Angel Wing, please walk on the sanctuary side of the carpool line and cross only in the designated cross walk when directed to do so by a staff member.
- For afternoon carpool, please know the names of all students riding in your carpool. Write the last name of each student on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper and place it in the driver’s side window.