Special Area Classes
Every student in grades TK-5 attend weekly art classes where they explore the elements and principles of Art. Students are provided the opportunity to engage in hands-on experiences with different mediums and techniques. Students are also introduced to Art History and encouraged to appreciate the varied talents and styles of well-known artists. Individual student art is on display on campus throughout the year, at local venues such as The Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival, and in the lobby of local downtown buildings.
All lower grades participate in a variety of field trips and activities that align with their curriculum. This experiential learning broadens our students’ perspective beyond the classroom and deepens their understanding of the content being taught. Examples include:
Primary Grades (TK – 2)
- exploration of animals and sea life
- viewing community gardens
- visiting the produce market
- attending live theater
- visits to downtown Orlando community venues
Intermediate Grades (3 – 5)
- Exploration of statewide exhibits including:
- St. Augustine
- Fort Christmas
- Attending live theater and building an understanding of cultural diversity through visiting Walt Disney’s EPCOT Center and visiting the Orlando Museum of Art.