As you may have seen in the news lately, influenza is at its peak and has made its way around the country. We want you to know that The Christ School is taking the following steps to mitigate the spread of bacteria and viruses at our school:
- Emphasizing the need to wash hands and practice good hygiene.
- Making sure each teacher is equipped with a commercial-grade sanitizing product (Quat-64) to use on desks and other surfaces.
- Placing new hand-washing posters around the school.
- Monitoring clinic traffic for symptomatic students.
- Working with the nightly cleaning crew to implement further sanitizing techniques.
- Researching recent outbreaks for changes in symptoms and signs.
- Monitoring news outlets for medical news.
- Consulting with TCS families in the medical profession.
Please help us keep our Lions healthy by following our standing policy on symptomatic students and staff:
Prior to returning to school, your child must be fever-free for at least 24 hours without the aid of fever-reducing medication, e.g. Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen.
VOMITING and/or DIARREA
Your child must be clear of these symptoms at least 24 hours from the last episode before returning to school.
If your child has the flu, they should not return to school any sooner than 7 days after the onset of the first symptoms. If there is a persistent cough, more time at home may be necessary.
If you would like to read more from a great source, visit the website for the American Academy of Pediatrics (www.aap.org).