Now that school has begun, we would like to remind you of our morning and afternoon carpool procedures. Safety is our top priority, and timeliness is also important. Please be sure to follow these important carpool procedures to ensure our students’ safety as they arrive for and leave school.
While carpool is underway, cell phone use is strictly prohibited. For the safety of our students, faculty and staff, the use of any electronic communication devices during carpool is not permitted. This includes any type of hands-free operation via bluetooth or other similar device connections. We appreciate your cooperation with this important safety matter.
Morning carpool hours are from 7:50 am to 8:10 am under the Angel Wing.
Allen Hall will be open at 7:50 am to welcome students (with the exception of enrolled early care students beginning at 7:00 am). Enter campus from Jackson Street and you will either be directed to go around the playground loop or, if there are few cars, you will be directed to go straight ahead. Wait for patrols or staff to open your car door. Note: Church Street is one-way Eastbound back towards Rosalind Avenue.
Please do not drop off children without parental supervision prior to 7:50 am to wait for school to open. There is no supervision for these children. If you wish to wait with your child under the Angel Wing, there are benches to sit on and wait.
Tips for Morning Carpool – READINESS and SAFETY
- Students should be prepared to exit the vehicle upon entering campus.
- Children should remain in a safety restraint until a patrol or staff person is ready to accept your child(ren).
- Wait for a patrol or staff person to open the vehicle door(s). Use auto-opener only when you see a patrol or staff person ready at the door of the vehicle.
- Use of cellphones (in hand or bluetooth) is prohibited during active carpool. This includes after the children have exited the vehicle.
- If you choose to not enter the carpool line, please park your vehicle in a legal parking space and walk your student(s), at a minimum, to a safe location with line-of-sight to a school staff person. We ask that you use the parking spaces on Rosalind or Jackson for older children. As a courtesy leave the Church Street parking spaces for our youngest students that may need extra time to unbuckle, etc. or for families dropping off large or heavy items to the school.
- Dropping off children in active traffic lanes of the surrounding public streets is not approved by The Christ School. This is a hazard to your children and others around you.
Grades TK-5 carpool begins at 3:15 pm
Middle School carpool begins at 3:35 pm
Older siblings / older carpool riders:
If you are picking up more than one child, please arrive at the oldest child’s dismissal time. Younger children will be in a specific area awaiting your arrival at the oldest child’s dismissal time.
Please note the following:
- Every passenger in the vehicle must have a seat and a restraint.
- Cell phone usage is not permitted in an active carpool line, this includes Bluetooth.
- Keep in mind that we share this great campus with FPCO and may need to make adjustments to carpool based on significant events in their schedule.
- Walk ups will enter Allen Hall at the front door and exit via the door on the south side near Clayton Life Center.
- Parents must complete the Transportation form on RenWeb listing the non-custodial individuals who are permitted to pick-up their child at TCS. If a person is not listed on this form or identified in a note or call from the parents to TCS office, the student will not be released until contact is made and permission given by custodial parent.
- Please be patient. At the beginning of each school year, the carpool line may move slowly. The length will improve once carpool groups form, and when parents, teachers and students become more familiar with the system. The Christ School encourages families to carpool.
- Please exercise care. Wait until all students in your carpool have entered or exited your car and the doors are securely closed before you pull forward. Watch for students walking in front of your car. Please remain in your car at all times during carpool and devote your full attention to driving and to the safety of all students and staff.
- Do not drop children off unless you are parked in a legal parking space. Please do not drop off children in the street or from curbside areas around the campus.
- Students not picked up from school by 4:00 pm (carpool ends at 3:50 pm) will be sent to the appropriate REACH (aftercare) group to await pickup. Consequently, a REACH drop-in fee of $25 will then be billed to the student’s account.