Important Carpool Information
Now that school has begun, we would like to remind you of our morning and afternoon carpool procedures. Safety is our top priority, and timeliness is also important. Please be sure to follow these important carpool procedures to ensure our students’ safety as they arrive and leave school.
Morning carpool time is 7:50 – 8:10 a.m.
- The Christ School will be open at 7:50 a.m. to welcome students (with the exception of enrolled early care students beginning at 7:00 a.m.). Enter campus for carpool from Jackson Street.
- Please arrive in carpool by 8:10 a.m. Teachers bring their students to the sanctuary immediately following carpool, and all cars must be clear of the Angel Wing at that time. Staying on schedule is key to starting the day off right for the teachers and students.
- Have your child packed and ready to exit the car.
- Keep your eyes on the staff and safety patrols who are running carpool. Due to the glare on the windshields, it is often difficult to see the driver’s face. The staff and safety patrols will wave you forward or signal you to stop.
- Wait until a patrol opens your car door before allowing your child to exit the car.
- Drivers, please refrain from any cell phone or other technology usage (including ear pieces) once carpool has started. The children are at risk if you are using a device.
- If you are walking your child onto campus, be sure to park in a legal parking spot and feed the meter.
- Ensure that you have a direct line of sight with a TCS staff person prior to releasing your child from your care if you are walking your child onto campus. Please do not drop off your child in the street or from curbside areas around the campus.
- Unless your child is enrolled in early care, please wait until 7:50 a.m. to drop your child off for school. Parental supervision is required until school opens at 7:50 a.m. If you wish to wait with your child under the Angel Wing, there are benches available.
Grades TK-5 carpool begins at 3:15 p.m.
Middle School carpool begins at 3:35 p.m.
If you are picking up more than one child, please arrive at the oldest child’s dismissal time. Younger children will be in a specific area awaiting your arrival at the oldest child’s dismissal time.
- Every passenger in the vehicle must have a seat and a restraint.
- Please be patient. At the beginning of each school year, the carpool line may move slowly. The length will improve once parents, teachers and students become more familiar with the system. The Christ School encourages families to carpool.
- Please exercise care. Wait until all students in your carpool have entered or exited your car and the doors are securely closed before you pull forward. Watch for students walking in front of your car. Please remain in your car at all times during carpool and devote your full attention to driving and to the safety of all students and staff.
- Remember to complete the Transportation Form on RenWeb listing the non-custodial individuals who are permitted to pick-up their child at TCS. If a person is not listed on this form or identified in a note or call from the parents to TCS office, the student will not be released until contact is made and permission given by custodial parent.
- Keep in mind that we share this great campus with FPCO and may need to make adjustments to carpool based on significant events in their schedule.
- Walk ups will enter The Christ School lobby through the front door and exit via the door on the south side near Clayton Life Center.
- Students not registered in the after school REACH program and not picked up from school by 4:00 PM (carpool ends at 3:50 p.m.) will be sent to the appropriate REACH group to await pickup. A REACH drop-in fee of $25 will then be billed to the student’s account.