Due to heavier traffic on Church Street, we have been experiencing longer morning carpools recently. A street closure on Central Blvd. under I-4 has caused many motorists to use Church Street as an alternate route. We expect traffic to subside after April 15, when Central Blvd. will open again. To ensure that our carpool is as safe and efficient as possible, we would like to remind you of these morning carpool procedures.
- The Christ School will be open at 7:50 a.m. to welcome students (with the exception of enrolled early care students beginning at 7:00 a.m.). Enter campus for carpool from Jackson Street.
- Please arrive in carpool by 8:10 a.m. Teachers bring their students to the sanctuary immediately following carpool, and all cars must be clear of the Angel Wing at that time. Staying on schedule is key to starting the day off right for the teachers and students.
- Have your child packed and ready to exit the car.
- Keep your eyes on the staff and safety patrols who are running carpool. Due to the glare on the windshields, it is often difficult to see the driver’s face. The staff and safety patrols will wave you forward or signal you to stop.
- Wait until a patrol opens your car door before allowing your child to exit the car.
- Drivers, please refrain from any cell phone or other technology usage (including ear pieces) once carpool has started. The children are at risk if you are using a device.
- If you are walking your child onto campus, be sure to park in a legal parking spot and feed the meter.
- Ensure that you have a direct line of sight with a TCS staff person prior to releasing your child from your care if you are walking your child onto campus. Please do not drop off your child in the street or from curbside areas around the campus.
- Unless your child is enrolled in early care, please wait until 7:50 a.m. to drop your child off for school. Parental supervision is required until school opens at 7:50 a.m. If you wish to wait with your child under the Angel Wing, there are benches available.